23 April 2008

MySpace is no place for children

I realize that not all people are into the myspace thing. Even though there is nothing vulgar on my personal myspace page (I cannot say the same for my husband), I have decided to start a family page/blog now that we have a little one. I wanted to purchase a webpage like my sister, Amanda. I looked into Team Hayes dot com, org, net, etc. Brad didn't want to spend the money on it and then have me not keep it current. He is convinced that I never finish anything that I start. He's pretty close to correct. So, for now we will try out the free blogging. If I keep up with it and people actually look at it, perhaps there will be a TeamHayes.net in the future.

Now, on to the reason for this change! Our beautiful daughter, Jocelyn Joy was born on March 29th at 10:49 a.m. here in Japan. Brad might tell you her birthday is March 28th because it was 8:49 pm on the 28th in Nebraska when she was born. She was 7 pounds, 10 ounces and 20.5 inches long.

We went to the hospital at about midnight the night before, so we weren't there too long before she decided to join us. I don't remember much of that 10 hours. Brad will tell you that i was quite loopy. I don't really remember. I guess one of the doctors had asked when the first day of my last period was, and I told her a story about the first time I saw a shooting star. Brad wrote down some of the strange things I said and I didn't remember any of it. I have already forgotten about all of the pain and discomfort. We plan on getting pregnant again around January 2009 after Joey gets a good 9 months of breastfeeding.

Joey is 3 weeks and 4 days old today. We have been walking to the track on base and jogging every day for over a week now. We started out with a mile, then upped it to a mile and a half, and today we did 2 whole miles. Joey is lucky and gets to sleep through it! We are hoping that Daddy gets us a jogging stroller for Mother's day! I weigh about 3 pounds more than I did before I got pregnant, and I hope to keep losing weight so that perhaps I can get away with wearing a two-piece bathing suit this summer for the first time in 3 years! I was worried that with my genes, I might experience some PPD, but I feel so great! Exercise really releases happy endorphins! Plus, how could I be sad? All I have to do is look at Joey's beautiful face and I can't help but smile.


















My baby is so cute!







Me, 3 weeks and 4 days after birthing a baby!

1 comment:

jldevries83 said...

hey sweetie I just wanted to say that Joey is so darn cute!!! Congrats mommy!!! I miss and love you guys and I'm so shocked that you are running...lol j/k Good job on the weight loss!! I'm 9 lbs lighter then what I was when I found out I was prego... yay for us MILF's hahahhaha big xoxoxoxoxo