18 December 2009

Kylie, Kylie, Kylie

Just because I am writing this blog in response to my sister Kylie's plea for attention doesn't make it any less sincere. :)

Photobucket

Kylie is my closest and most favorite sister (they are all my favorite in their own way, but Kylie is my MOST favorite). We can relate to each other in many ways, some of which might be embarrassing or incriminating, in which we are not able to relate to our other sisters...or to anyone for that matter.

Kylie and I are 15 months and 5 days apart. I never realized how close this made us until I had two babies 20 months apart. We share a bond that can only be shared by siblings who are part of the same generation. Aren't all siblings part of the same generation, you ask? Yes, if you consider generations to be the separation of grandparents, parents, and children. However, I am talking about the pop culture type of generations that separate Vanilla Ice, Salt-n-Pepa, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, and Miley Cirus. Our older sisters and our younger brother are just on either side of the lines that define the times of OUR youth. Though our relationship didn't exactly thrive during our teen years, we can still understand things about each other now just for having experienced those teen years together.

Kylie is smart. She might not have a Ph.D., but she could probably write a more grammatically correct thesis than many people who get to be called doctor. She not only possess the skills to use the English language properly, but she is just really good at portraying herself as an intelligent human being. Some people have serious problems doing that these days, but not Kylie. Even if she doesn't know what she is talking about, she can make you believe that she does. :)

Kylie is beautiful. She is very skilled with make up and make up tools, but she doesn't really need all that stuff. She has great skin, a great smile, and looks great with a naked face. BUT, the girl can sell some make up! Just looking at her flawless makeup job would make anyone want to purchase a bunch of cosmetics from her. She is definitely in the right line of work! In fact, at the swap meet on Wednesday, I happened to notice some awful hibiscus print "Hammer" pants. The woman selling them was wearing a pair. I made a mental note that people who are trying to sell a product should not wear that product unless it actually looks good on them. I've seen women at make up counters and wondered how they get to keep their jobs with the way that their make up looks. Kylie is NOT one of these people. She wears her product perfectly!

Kylie is witty. Sometimes I say something that I think is hilarious and she is the only one who gets me. We have very similar senses of humor, which I'm very thankful for. I sometimes wonder if I'd be as satirical as I am without her influence. I love that we can quote things that nobody else can catch on to. It sometimes feels like we are on the inside of one big inside joke and that nobody else knows what we are talking about, and it is great!

Kylie is the only person that never really judges me. Though this means that our relationship lacks a certain amount of accountability, that is okay with me. I have enough other people to call me out when I do things that might be considered inappropriate or wrong. I like that I don't have to worry about that with her. She just lets me be me and leaves it at that.

Sometimes I make Kylie mad, and I don't understand why. It's really hard for me when things like that happen, because I have convinced myself that I know her well enough to avoid things like that. I should be able to tell when something I say might piss her off. Well, nobody is perfect.

Kylie is not perfect. She has her faults and has made her mistakes (none of which I will be listing here), but she also has so many of the qualities that I appreciate in a person that it makes it easy to overlook the discrepancies. Kylie may not be perfect, but she is beautiful, smart, witty, non-judgmental, and the person who knows me the best in this world. I'm so thankful for her.

Photobucket

I can feel that "Things I'm Thankful For" blog trying to come out! When I actually write that blog, it will be because Kylie did one and I wanted to copy her. It will happen soon enough.

3 comments:

Patty said...

That was sweet!! Kylie should be proud. You are lucky to have her for a sister and lucky to have 4 more for back up.

Next you should write 10 reasons why you are wonderful. It is a rather tough exercise but you were the one that suggested that everyone should do it!!!

And I can't wait for your "things to be thankful for"!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't know this post existed for the past five days. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. Thank you for not listing my faults :) ha.

LOVE
Ky

Ps- I could repeat this blog and write the same things about you. Except for the selling makeup part... But you did work in FRAGRANCE. :)

Anonymous said...

If siblings were stealable... I would steal Kylie. I have no sisters and you have too many. You should share.


PS. I'm less creepy when you get to know me.